Wednesday, November 17, 2010

So I just popped into Seattle today

Well my day started waking up next to a right dog…

To be honest, I’m just putting this up to put a few more Seattle photos on here. I thought I’d go have another look round Seattle today. Not bad thinking that I was in San Diego on Sunday morning, then in Seattle on Tuesday morning.

So I just jumped on the bus from Duvall this morning. If you’re ever in the Seattle area it’s worth checking out King County transport and Sound Transit (which covers more of the bigger cities in the area). Although I have noticed that the buses don’t really run too late into the evening round here. And their drivers CAN be just as grumpy as our English drivers…but I’d be grumpy too if I had to wear tailor-made-shorts.

Photo002

Photo004
More than likely my next stop
Photo006

Photo007
The smaller building is the City Hall
Photo018
Qwest Field - home of the Seattle Seahawks (American football) and Seattle Sounders (football)
Photo019

Photo020

Photo022
Sounder "FC" (but they still call it soccer) have the highest average attendance in the MLS at 36,000. That'd rival most Premier league teams (in fact it's better than 11 Premier League teams)
Photo023

I found an pretty awesome travel guide book of Seattle, as I was leaving (typically), so I may check out Seattle again before I leave Washington. But again, if you’re ever here check out http://visitseattle.org/

After getting back to Duvall I had a run down Snoqualmie valley trail, which is probably a nice run through the day, I dunno, I’ve never done it before. I suppose that made it more fun, running down there whilst it was pitch black.

Then my evening pretty much consisted of replying to emails, and chilling out, again with some awesome food (thank you once more Jane). And Mum you’d be impressed with how much salad I’ve been eating since I got out here (still no tomatoes though)...I said I would!

I’ve also just seen this, it may have been dark when I looked, but I could see enough to get excited….SNOW!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment