Wednesday, November 17, 2010

I Dream of Californication–Enjoying the last of the November Sun

I’m gonna have to start this blog be saying DAM YOU GOOGLE ADSENSE. I got an email yesterday (Sunday) saying they were deleting my account for advertising due to “misconduct” !?!? I aint even been on the internet for over a week now! So no more money for me to make on my blog, in fact none at all, they’re taking everything that I’d earned so far.

So anyway, me and Mark are currently heading back to Duvall after a pretty awesome weekend in San Diego. We left (later than planned) yesterday, so we’re currently making up for lost time, but it’s still sunny. I’m pretty sure my battery’s about to die but I’ll get down what I can now.

I haven’t really taken too many photos from the weekend…well, I mean, I don’t wanna look like a tourist! But I’ll add what I got. It was pretty much a weekend of chilling with Mark’s friends and family…and a slightly premature ‘welcome home’ party for Mark, which was a great laugh. And if I learnt nothing else from this weekend, if you ever jokingly tell a drunk Paul (Mark’s brother) to burn a garden tree when the firewood’s nearly gone…well…the joke kinda becomes a reality!

DSC03299

DSC03300
San Diego Beach - And my first view of the Pacific Ocean
Making the most of the sunshine, the whole weekend’s been well nice down here. Aint seen a cloud for a while now. Watched the Sun-set over a hectic LA freeway last night, before we crashed out at some random rest-stop, after searching for miles for one. Back on the road again today, and the Sun’s still out.

…And my battery died about here…So from here…I’m back in Duvall.

DSC03304

DSC03311

DSC03312
The sun setting over Los Angeles

The drive was sunny the whole way up until (literally) the California – Oregon state line, as soon as we crossed that boarder, it was cloudy and foggy, and crap. Carrying on up the I-5 I noticed that Oregon was boring this time around, maybe it was more fun on the way down cause I slept half my way through the State. And the weather was a bit overcast and slightly damp until we (literally) crossed over the bridge, crossing over the Oregon – Washington boarder where it started chucking down!!! Great!

DSC03318


DSC03320


DSC03322


DSC03324


DSC03326
Mount Shasta - We could see it about an hour before we actually drove passed it

DSC03327



DSC03332
"The Blue Sky" over California Vs "The Grey Cloud" over Oregon

It was pretty strange reaching Portland today, which is about 3 hours from Duvall and filling like “I’m nearly home”, but I suppose on an American scale we were. It was also weird cause seeing signs for Seattle felt like when I used to look out for Southampton signs, and Duvall signs felt like Hedge End signs, and cause I’m starting to know the area, driving through Belleview felt like the equivalent of driving through them cliff things as you pass Winchester down the M27.

But a new winning sign “Pizza – 500 miles away” – That’s crazy early advertising if you ask me.

Big thank yous to Dylan for the awesome road trip down, everyone who hosted me and Mark over the last week, everyone else down in San Diego and surrounding areas for an awesome week, and Mark for letting me tag along for the adventure, and getting me down to California on a last minute tag along.

But always remember (and I only learnt this today), California may have Weed, but Oregon has Talent! (And Merlin, and Wolf Creek).

And thank you Joe Nichols for this!:


Worst thing is, I don't mind it

No comments:

Post a Comment