Saturday, November 20, 2010

Only in America 2 (I said there'd be more)

So it's been 10 weeks and 1 day since I left England (that's 71 whoooooole days) and it looks like my time in the States is coming to an end, much earlier than originally planned (it's amazing how much just ONE person can make a difference in your life...and then not really give a flying _____). So I could be heading up to Vancouver on Thursday (the Vancouver north of here in British Columbia, Canada, not south of here in Washington, USA). My work permit/visa was approved yesterday by the Canadian embassy, my leaving date just depends whether I wanna take this job in Jasper or wait to see if better things come up in Whistler or Vancouver. If I'm being honest, I'm pretty nervous about crossing the boarding, in fact I don't think I've been this nervous since I flew from Huston to Orlando by myself last April, and that turned out pretty sweet (and in theory that was the Start of the story which has got me in my current situation). I am starting to prepare myself for the Canada cold though, I headed into Seattle today and bought myself a proper thick fleece (thank you for the $$$$ Stinko). I'm not missing England yet, but I am missing my people (not the people) and I am missing New England. It really does feel like America is no longer a foreign country, although I did finally have a 3 muskertiers chocolate today (twas AMAZING), and they'll always be a few things about this place that'll always amaze/baffle me:

Everybody knows it costs a buck 'o five

What about the rest of us...!?...
Nothing crazy about them really, I just love American cereal



Sixty-four Oz (Yes, 6 4 OUNCES)...yes it does need to be this big
8 fingers
DO NOT TRUST THIS WHITE MAN...

...it really means....
...nothing to them!












This isn't new (in fact I saw it on Day 2 of my travels, and that was still behind the times), I just thought it was funny, watch this one first...



...then watch this one….so dumb, so dumb, so dumb, so



Can't believe he actually did this

And finally, I'm already sick of Christmas...it aint even December yet!!!










No more Christmas songs please!

1 comment:

  1. Put it this way you still would have been in England if things hadn't happened as they did. It's the States loss that you can't work out there. I think once you get to Canada you wont look back. :-)

    ReplyDelete