Saturday, January 1, 2011

What up Twenty Eleven!!!

So 2010 is done back home and I've only just cracked open my first beer of the night! Listening to a bit of Pendulum before the real drinking starts. So since my last post few things have changed, few more nights out and a pretty epic Christmas....which led to me making the same mistake on Boxing Day that I made the day after our work's Christmas doe (and it'll probably happen again tomorrow). Again, all I can say is that it aint smart, work wouldn't be best pleased but I think it's hilarious, and typical of my attitude right now...I love it!

So anyway, since it's been a couple of weeks since I wrote on here, I'll start with last week which started with a Lunar Eclipse which could only be properly seen in North America. Basically, it was freezing, and the moon disappeared then went a redy orange....pretty cool though. This calls for another picture of space that you can't really appriciate!



So anyway, last Saturday was my first Christmas away from home, which felt kinda weird. But gotta make the most of living in the mountains....bring on topless snowboarding! Thanks to all for the £££££ and to Mum and Dad for my Saints hat and...wait for it...Saints Tattoos!!!! And was good to speak to the family on Christmas day, sorry it was rushed, but thank Courtney for waking me up otherwise it'd've never happened. Miss ya.






Aint you proud of your boy, Mother!
I love the snow, but a little bit more would be nice please. I don't like face planting on ice. Although it did snow whilst I was up the mountain on Tuesday, which gave us a little bit more fresh powder. but can we have some more please.

Big thanks to Courtney (the (Canadian (not American)) girl I work with) and her family for inviting me round their's on Christmas day, good food, good drink, great times! That ended up in me heading back to the JPL for more merriment!

I was so drunk, I was so proud of my work!

Whoop, there it is!

Yeah, I know......

Blair wasn't quite as impressed!







So that was my Christmas. Boxing day started a bit later than scheduled, but it did start. It ended with the exchanging of our secret Santa. Now Bryony thinks she's funny mocking my walk:

Love it!

Big shout out to Cassie and Caighlah (the Keenans), thanks for leaving and giving me all your stuff. Talk about being in the right place at the right time....my room actually has a bin now, amongst other things! Hopefully I'll be seeing you again very soon in Ottawa (which I will be able to pronounce by the time I get there). Also thanks to Rebecca and Sara, that's pretty much an offer I cannot turn down. Two offers in two days, I can't miss out on these things, makes my plans sound so much sweeter, I am looking into it and it means that I'll get to see a lot more of Canada than I thought I would. I am seriously looking into it all! And I am going to Banff! Sorry work but, I aint in Canada for you, I'm in Canada for me!

So anyway, to sum up, been snowboarding, eating, drinking, enjoying Canada, making plans to enjoy more of Canada, working, and on the odd occasion, sleeping. I think if my lifestyle carries on like this I  might actually kill myself, I'm my own worst enemy, oh well!

So anyway, these beers are going down very very well and I've switched my music to Causually dressed, so I'll be heading out in a mo to start my New Year, even though England has been in 2011 for about 4 hours now I'm just starting. This is my sixth New Year's in a row that I've started and finished in a different country, good for me! Now it's Canada's turn! Think all staff are heading to Tent City (a bar in our beloved Fairmont Hotel ($8.50 a pint...yeaaaaaaa)) then I'll just go-with-the-flow, or with the peeps that are entertaining me the most. Long story short, I cleaned out my wallet today and found a bit of glitter at the bottom, now that can only be from Rebecca's house party in Florida last New Year's....great times! Random!

So this is my last post for twenty ten. Hope all had an awesome Christmas, and all the best for 2011 to all. Not gonna lie, 2010 has definitely been an experience for me. Much love.

I think that's all for now. I wanna tell more, but don't wanna get myself in too much trouble!

1 comment:

  1. Yeah!!! A son to be proud of!!! Happy New Year Mike

    ReplyDelete