Wednesday, January 5, 2011

New Year and My Birthday

So New Year's Eve was pretty sweet. Ended up drinking a fair amount in a bar in the hotel here in Jasper, was a pretty sweet turn out. Don't think I spent too much money either. Pretty much all the hotel staff were there.











HAPPY NEW YEAR


And Tom's midnight kiss

Thank you Tom for "letting" me use your photos there.

So I woke up on time for work on 1st January 2011. Did my 4 hours. Came home, fell asleep on Dan's bed, went to the gym, then got a little bit drunk.....well, flip cup and beer bong are impossible to say "no" too.

As I was out on the night before my birthday, I didn't do too much on my actual birthday...except this:




Now I can say I've been to "The Edge Of The World" and it only took me quarter of a century. Again, these photos just don't do it justice, just trust me, it was amazing. Canada is just one big playground! That is Jasper in the background, as in this is where I am currently living. Thanks to Dan for sorting that, and Chris and Eric for the awesome laughs.

Also got to speak to some of the boys back home for the first time since before I left England.

Who's in the church

Chilled out last night, watched the Canadians turn over the Americans, 4-1 in the ice hockey. Canada now just have to play Russia in the final. But much more important then that, Saints won yet again yesterday, keeping them in second, great times. But still, thanks to Cory, Keegan and Dan for the awesome BBQ grub.

Hit the slopes again today, bit more snow, but we still need some more here. Another free day on the mountain though, so I can't complain, if they keep wanting to make this mistake, I'm gonna let them. Got back, chilled in the Fairmont pool and spa, as we went in with a guest....athank you to Nick (the guest) and Bryony for that one, and Cory for the extras.

And finally opened all my Birthday presents, a day late, just like last year.

Thanks Mum and Dad

Time to take down the Crimbo cards (thanks to all who sent them).

Xmas cards that only got opened today....
...Well they were in the same envelopes as my BD cards.




Thanks for all the birthday cards, facebook messages, emails, hugs drinks, and skype calls
Also thanks for all the £££££'s and actual £10 note I got sent. I haven't seen any sterling since I lost my shrapnel back in Rhode Island. All that money has helped me pay for my flights for my next destinations. My 3 day weekend is coming to an end, and I have to go into work tomorrow to quit...BOOOOOOOM! I'll be going on a road trip with people from Jasper, to Banff, Lake Louise and Calgary, before moving on to Ottawa, Ontario at the end of the month for a week, then heading back to Vancouver, British Columbia so I can go and see Vancouver Island for a while, then who knows, but least I'll be in the right side of the country for my flight out of Vancouver to Hong Kong.

And lastly, thanks to all my readers, this is pretty cool (well I think it is):

My readers, Worldwide, since I set this up in October!!!

1 comment:

  1. Mikey you have a christmas and birthday card with your name on it here - we have no address!!!

    Looks like you're having lots of fun without us!

    ReplyDelete