Saturday, December 18, 2010

Saturday 18th December = 100 days since I left England

So I'm pretty sure one of the reasons I left England was because I hate the cold.....right, nice one....Canada's FREEEEEZING, and I have pretty good reason to believe that it's only gonna get colder here! But on the plus side, with cold comes snow and ice!!!!!

So on Tuesday I finally made my board happy, and got it out on the snow, in what has easily been the best day I've had since I left England. It felt so amazing to be cruising down a mountain on my board again. Felt like I picked it up (well almost) where I left off in Andorra, three and a half years ago. Although I was cutting through the trees three years ago! I didn't get any pictures from the top of the mountain, but these are at the base at the end of the day:





I will take more when I'm up there next.

I've also been ice skating on a lake this week, which is pretty cool. Finally headed into Jasper town. And we had the Fairmont Christmas Party this week. In which they wouldn't give me any free drink tokens cos I don't "official work for JPL"....well I'm skint so I'm gonna keep drinking the wine that you leave on our table!!! That was a crazy night, going to bed at 6:30 to wake up at "6:50" to open up the store at "8"! (And in the start of my last blog I said that I now need to be careful with what I post....nuff said)!

When I finished work last Saturday I had a wonder around the JPL (Jasper Park Lodge) just to wonder about and check it out:

The frozen lake. They even put goals up for hockey, I need to get a stick!!!







The JPL



It's amazing, whilst I was on my walk, I also saw several squirrels, all of which I tried to take a photo of (and failed)......after trying I thought to myself, "that's a bit strange, I'd never try and take of photo of a squirrel back in England", and Canadian squirrels are nothing special to be honest with you.

I'm still trying to decide how long I plan on staying here in Jasper (and maybe Canada), I like it here, and the people, and I love the mountains, but I really don't like being this remote, and I dunno if I wanna stay here and rinse through my money for too much longer. I kinda realised that the reason I love the places that I visit in America is because they are real America. Jasper is amazing, and full of Canadians, but it's still a touristy area, and I really can't shake away from the Centre Parcs / Butlins vibe, and the Butlins vibe is sadly the area that I'm living in, although I do always seem to have amazing next door neighbours. Look what my current one's did to my door when I first got here:


I also forgot to add these in my last blog, this is the sun setting in the Jasper mountains (aka where I live), and also a lot of snow. I just wish I had my actual camera on me at the time and not just my phone....sorry.....but to be fair no photo will do this mountain range any justice!






I still can't figure out how to upload my video from my last blog. I still need to speak to my American chum back in England.

On one final note, I hate white tail (deer) tonight......sweet as! How Canadian can you get, I just wanna eat moose now!

No comments:

Post a Comment