Saturday, January 29, 2011

We’re drink and drink and drink and drink and drink and drink and fight!

Being asked if I’m German is defiantly where I draw the line. No way, and no I am not flying to Frankfurt…good guess though I suppose!?!? Nope, I’m an Englishman currently on my flight with Air Canada from Calgary in Alberta, Canada to my next destination of Ottawa (the capital) in Ontario, Canada. Now pretty much all the staff that work in Jasper were all from Ontario (and that really isn’t too much of an exaggeration), so it makes sense that I check it out. Again, by the time this is posted I will no longer by on my flight, cos the interwebie thingy doesn’t get up this high! I am pretty excited to get to Ottawa now and see the Keenans again, it’s been a month now since they left Jasper. I did feel a little bit numb in the airport, but only cos I am really gonna miss a fair few people from Alberta. I leave missing it, as opposed to being done with it.
So anyway, just had my last few days in Jasper. Twas fun, to say the least. Finished work on Saturday (yes, I am unemployed again). Survived a polar bear dip on Sunday, which wasn’t too cold surprisingly…no really it wasn’t! I found out today that we made the cover of Jasper’s local newspaper, so I will try and get a copy of that. I’m also hoping to be on the Jasper Tourism website - “I’m just about to do a polar bear dip in ‘Jasper in January’”…not gonna lie, that’d be so cool.
DSC03654

After surviving that, with all three of my testicles still on my body, headed out for my last night in Jasper. And what a fun night that was:
DSC03658
DSC03660
DSC03672
DSC03675
DSC03682
DSC03694
DSC03697
DSC03702
DSC03709
DSC03713
DSC03732
DSC03739
DSC03774
DSC03785
DSC03794
Staying up in time to have breakfast in the bean. After a few hours sleep, got all my stuff together, and did my goodbyes to all the Jasper peeps that I’m gonna miss. Then we headed on our road trip. Day one, Jasper to Lake Louise:
DSC03807
DSC03808
DSC03810
DSC03813
DSC03837
DSC03852
DSC03853
DSC03858
Day two, Lake Louise to Banff.
DSC03874
DSC03892
DSC03893
DSC03911
DSC03916
DSC03927
Day three, Calgary to see the Calgary Flames turn over Saint Louis 4-1. I mean we really were in the noise bleed seats (even a tout didn’t wanna buy our spare ticket off of us), but it was still a pretty fun night.
DSC03945
DSC03946
DSC03952
DSC03960

Day four, so long to Banff, and back to Calgary to fly my fine self out of Alberta, and…well, this is the point of where I started this entree. The whole thing was just a pretty sweet epic fun laugh. And it was made even sweater cos the peeps I did the adventure with were the first friends I made in Jasper., on my first night in Jasper in fact. Thanks guys for making it what it was!
My time in Jasper, was wicked fun, I don’t think I’ve picked up too much of a Canadian accent so far eh, but I am pretty stubborn, so I think my ‘ampshire accent is still sticking strong. But yet again, so many thank yous to send out there. Dam where to start. To be honest I did start writing a massive list, but there’s just so many of you to thank, so many that I will miss. Overall, everyone was pretty dam awesome, and I can’t thank some of you enough. I had an amazing time in Jasper (bar the job, and living in a dorm). Much love to you Jasper. So excited to be seeing some of you again soon.
I did also finally see a moose the other day, it was all cooked and covered in sauce and served to me on a plate. Tasted gooooood, but not quite as good as white tail. Also tried Partridge, which is just much much much nicer chicken. Thank you Courtney for all them awesome meals.

1 comment:

  1. Mike - great photos. Watched the walk home - was that a film or a series of photos?

    ReplyDelete