Friday, February 11, 2011

Only in Canada

Now I suppose as I did it for the USA, it would seem like I'm favoring one country over another (which I'm not, I think that both these huge huge countries are awesomely amazing, full of some awesomely amazing people), so I suppose it's Canada's turn!

First thing, for a country that doesn't seem to like the USA that much, they really do seem to rely on them for a lot:






Just a small taste of products made in the USA. Although, when something is Canadian, you really know about it:

BEEEERRRR!!!!






But my personal favorite:

The pride and joy and....

...ooooooohh!
But some of the brands that we know aren't Canadian, still get the mark....just to name a few:




Just a few more that I wanted to chuck in there:

Cos it was so hard before!?!

This might just be a Jasper thing...but you were warned!
I know it's cold...this is Canada!
So anyway. Not that I'm mocking either country, cos as I mentioned they are both awesome. I kinda wish England could be more like Canada, in the fact that Canadians are proud but quite about it, unlike the States were they're proud but very very load about it. Unlike us, we're load but very unpatriotic. If you meet a Canadian who isn't proud to be a Canadian, well, they're not really a Canadian, trust me. But I know many English that aren't proud to be English.

Another big differance between Canada and the States (cos they really is a lot of similarities) I don't think I've ever played flip cup in the States, yet in Canada it has a theme song. Also, beer pong is as popular, but there seems to be a lot more rules to it in Canada (or they just stick to the rules more then the Americans!?!?).

Anyway, more on me right now. I've been back in BC for a week now, and nearly on the island for a week. Loving it here, it's not as cold as Jasper or Ottawa but I can still snowboard, and the Kobetitch family have been awesome to me.

So had a weekend in Nanaimo including a drip to Cathedral Grove:





Then a trip down to Victoria for a night and a day:





The road trip from Victoria to Campbell river was pretty sweet too:




Since I've been in Campbell River, we've been to the rain forest (not tropical), Elk falls, had a beach fore (it took A LOT of work), a walk down the beach where there was a lot of bald eagles (funny how I've never seen any in the States...think it's time to change your National Emblem), a comedy show, and I got my snowboard up Mount Washington today (even though my head hurts like a mo fo) for some night riding.









The Jeep made it feel like we were in Jurassic Park ...minus the dinosaurs (just the minor details). Of course I was Jeff Goldblum in this scenario.

It did get darker whilst we were there
So anyway, need to get up (fairly) early tomorrow as Becca is flying back to the mainland to head back to Jasper early Sunday morning. All the best to ya (I know how much luck you need in Jasper) and hopefully we'll be meeting up again in the land of Oz.

I have been starting to plan the next leg of my trip, so I could be leaving Canada fairly soon. Wish STA would've got back to me sooner, but at least they finally have, so I can start planning the Asia section of my tour.

Just before I sign off, two more Canadian things:


This is Arrogant Worms…this is so true of Canadians.


Too excited. Go Justin…Canada's finest! 11th February 2011

1 comment:

  1. It's beautiful. I wish we'd had the chance to see more of the Island. Got a similar photo as you in Victoria.

    ReplyDelete