Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Dragon’s Back

I’ve lost a Saturday in my life….everybody knows that Saturday is clearly the best day of the week, and I’ve lost one...and a Friday evening too I left Vancouver at 12:30PM on Friday (GMT –8) and arrived in Hong Kong at 9:30PM (GMT +8) on Saturday. I flew over the Pacific and crossed over the international date line for the first time in my life, I’ve never seen so many hours of daylight, but never had a day go by so quick (if you think about it, that does make perfect sense).
DSC04272
Had a 12 hour flight from Vancouver to Shanghai, and this is what I got to see of China:
DSC04289china-map-flag




It looks like it’s a great country.

So anyway, if you’re ever gonna fly to China or Hong Kong, use BA or Eastern China Air……free beer, that’s all I’m basing this on. Let’s face it, a flight’s a flight, they suck! Every plus is a bonus!

Didn’t do to much when I arrived here (in my fantastic room (you get what you pay for)), it was about midnight by the time I checked in, and it looked pretty dead around here (apart from the guys who were quite keen to sell me a suit).
DSC04292DSC04294
DSC04293
Yes, that is my toilet right next to my "shower"
DSC04295
Whata view
So Sunday I pretty much had a tour of the local area (Kowloom):
DSC04303DSC04323DSC04337DSC04361DSC04363DSC04364
Now, nearly 6 months ago, just before I left England, me and my Gramps (My Mum’s Dad) were talking about Hong Kong, and he was based over here in a place called Fanling, after heading up to Fanling (using the MTR (trains), I could not find the old barracks (and I really was looking for a while), but still, it was so worth it, I headed up Fung Ying Seen Koon temple (which I can only assume was a temple for the dead, there wasn’t much English there, but people were lighting up lints and there were plenty of photos of people in little sections), but it offered some awesome views once I went up above the temple:
DSC04401DSC04404DSC04409DSC04413DSC04420
My Sunday night (long story shot), involved Football, beer and curry (it’s great being ahead of England (in time), football is on at night as opposed to in the early hours).

Today (Monday) I headed over to Hong Kong island (by ferry) and did a few touristy things, including heading up to the 55th floor of the IFC building….
DSC04491DSC04495
DSC04510
…before heading off to the other side of the island to do Dragon’s back, and seriously (although it was pretty cloudy, so these photos aint too great it) it was so impressive up there.
DSC04513DSC04548DSC04561DSC04562DSC04564DSC04567DSC04568DSC04569DSC04574DSC04582
I’ll admit, this entree is a bit rushed (and not my best) but when I started writing it I was slightly drunk, plus I wanna get up at 8 (which is in 4 hours time) to pack and do a few more touristy things before I leave Hong Kong….I can’t believe that I’m gonna be in Vietnam TODAY. So here’s just a couple more photos of Hong Kong that I wanna chuck in here:
DSC04372
I think I missed the Chinese New Year by one day?

DSC04353
DSC04437DSC04462DSC04466DSC04467
Thanks to Tim (Bryony (my only English friend in Jasper)’s brother) for being in Hong Kong, and taking me out for the last couple of nights, good times. Don’t feel too much out my comfort zone right now, being in Hong Kong kinda feel like when you go to Greece, or somewhere like that, it’s big, full of people that wanna sell my suits, “genuine fake watches” or weed, and it’s s country with a deferent language but they all sorta speak English…I’m pretty sure tomorrow will be different.
Hong-Kong1

No comments:

Post a Comment