Saturday, February 5, 2011

Another typical day for Mr Sheen.

OK, so my body's still on Ottawa time, and I'm finally on Vancouver Island (which is three hours behind Ottawa). This is the first day I aint seen snow in over two months, this is also the first time I've seen rain in over two months!

My journey here didn't quite go as planned. I blame me and Becca and a lack of planning...as in, there was none. I left Ottawa yesterday with no problem (and I got to watch the end of "The Social Network" on my flight), and got to Vancouver last night, with no problems....getting the ferry proved to be the problem. After riding the SkyTrain all over Vancouver, and being told the original ferry I wanted to get stopped running at 9, by Becca (at 10:10), so before getting the bus to Horseshoe Bay, I tried to get to the other ferry terminal (Tsawwassen) which would leave for the Island at 10:45...great, now the SkyTrains don't wanna work...looks like I'm spending the night in Vancouver. Now I wanted to be cheap and get to the Island as early as possible, so I decided that I'd just leave my stuff in the Samesun Hostel (where I stayed last time I was in Vancouver) and pull an all nighter, and just try and hit bars until as late as I could. Sweet plan, bars are open till 4 in Vancouver....shame that they only serve alcohol till 2....I drunk a lot of water last night! I don't ever remember pulling an all nighter that sober EVER!

I managed to stay there till 4 this morning (thank you to all at Roxy's Burgers, down Granville street, especially as I didn't even spend a single penny in there), then picked up my stuff from the hostel, then headed to MacDonald's for an hour, where I drunk my iced Mocha and read the paper (I can't believe Torres has actually gone to Chelsea, fair play). Got on my bus at 5:30 from Vancouver to Horseshoe Bay, then got my ferry at 6:30 to Nanaimo (or Departure Bay). Best mess up ever, I'm so glad I got to arrive on Vancouver Island through the day.

So anyway, I'm currently with Becca, who's passed out, staying in Sara's (and friend's) house in Nanaimo. I haven't slept since I woke up in Ottawa yesterday, I could probably go on, but we're having a party tonight, and I know my body, I will be fine today and probably tonight, but I will suffer tomorrow (and just sleep through) if I don't! But before I do get a couple of hours shut-eye, here's MY day in pictures:

Parliament building in Ottawa, Ontario, Thursday about midday (GMT -5)

I remember when they were just 10p




Goodbye Ottawa

Listening to Pink Floyd's "I wish you were here" at this point....so good!

So many police out at 3 in the morning...we only saw them arresting one guy though!?!?!

Yep!

Vancouver at 5:20 on Friday morning (GMT -8) (this morning)
Sunrise..well, sorta!?

The Island...about 8 this morning (Friday)






It was so windy on that "Sun" deck, but so worth it. Thank you Pink Floyd for randomly coming on my MP3 player and making the situation better yet again!

It's gone midday here now, so I've been up for about 29 hours now....only one thing to do...PARTY!!!! (but maybe SOME sleep first).

...Right no, the chipmunks theme tune has just come on and Sara's just said she's meeting us in a n hour...I will get some sleep...shower later, after food!

1 comment:

  1. LOL - Mike this is so you it made me laugh.
    We did that ferry ride when we went to Vancouver Island.

    ReplyDelete