Monday, February 4, 2013

"Yo no soy Americano"

Started my day how all days should start, breakfast of champions, two Burger King's one chicken and one beef. Happy as Larry!

Belize! What can I say!?! I have been looking forward to going to Belize since before I left England! And it did nothing but provide! The landscape, the food, the people, the vibe, all just...well Belizey! I wanted to start on Belize cos it really is amazing but I will start from where I  left off, in Guatemala!

So I did take pictures of my Jungle Lodge, better pictures, but the day after I took them I had to reformat my memory card, and I lost my photos of it! so no photos of Flores either, a small island, really small island... yeah not really too much to say there. Pretty and quaint. We did manage to get the hotel staff to cook our meat in there kitchen...I say "we", twas Gigi again! Very persuasive

Heading to Tikal the following day, finally got to see some Mayan ruins! It was like Jungle book! Guatemala and India are the same place right!?













See Jurassic Park is real!




Then crossed another boarder and headed in Belize! I was like a kid with this, I really couldn't wait to go there! The sun came out and the temperature raised as soon as the boarder was crossed. I'm not gonna lie, I've been trying with my Spanish, but I suck, so it was awesome to be in a country where they speak English, finally able to hang out with the locals again....."come here my white brother, give me a hug!" Once we crossed the boarder we headed about 15 minutes east to a small town, San Ignacio where we stayed in a "Jungle Lodge"......I'd actually love to stay in a jungle lodge, staying in a hut surrounded by mud and a few trees does not count, although it did give my a great excuse and justification for not showering for a day or two!



Small dogs or big rats!?!

Last views of Guatemala




And onto Belize







The following day I did some caving in Crystal Cave. An hour drive before a 45 minute through the jungle, then caving! Not the mist extreme climbing I've ever done, but still a good crack! The tor guides were awesome telling us some stories afterwards, and teaching e Belizian slang on the drive home. Real good laugh.



The cave opening







Old Mayan rituals equipment



Inside "Wonderland" as far down as you go, about 180m below the start point





The following day, headed about 60 miles east towards Belize City, and caught a ferry over to Caye Caulker....awesomely amazing! I'm going back there for sure. I don't really know what to write about it! It's a bit touristy, but you don't care, the people are just amazing there, there's an attitude about it that I haven't seen anywhere in the world. 3 nights isn't enough there! "Don't drink and drive, when you can get high and fly"...nuff said really!

1st view of the island...this isn't Jurassic Park


Everything's 100% Belize, even the eggs!

What Russ, Matt and I used to dream of as kids. Get you studs and shin pads on, it's muddy and we've got nets up!
 Snorkelling trip

















The split in the middle of the island





Although, I do really wanna stress a point, if you're ever in Cayer DO NOT stay in China Town. Since I've left England there's only two things that have really got to me, Australia post, they are by far the worst existing company I know, and they don't even care that they are completely useless (my most recent encounter with them, it took well over a month for them to send a letter to me in New Zealand, now you might say "well that could have been NZ post's fault", nope, that same letter got to England (the other side of the world in under a week!)! And the owner of my last full time job, the most selfish money crabbing a hole that I have ever met, really, you are an a hole.. But China Hotel is both of them above, they really are useless  careless and selfish, and they really don't care! Long story short, they steal, they are rude, they won't even let you in your room. It may seem like a rant, but this hotel cannot carry on to be in business (although the cleaner there was an awesome, friendly, helpful lady). These people do exist in the world, and I'm so glad that I'm not one of them!

Next stop, Mexico, Playa Del Carmen! Country number 15 since I left England, and covering 7 countries in January. Um....I've been here two days now, and I've been pretty lazy to be honest! Night-life is here, and I haven't had a night out like it since I was in Brisbane! I wasn't gonna drink on Thursday night, but after they told me "all you can drink" for 20pounds...well, I'm only English! And last night was pretty much the same! Although this club had a crazy show running through it, with a midget! A midget dressed as The Mask and then Beetle Juice! And so many crazy dancers, and circus tricks, etc.! Mexico!

Entering Mexico at the ferry port


Last night

Latin Freddie!

Most importantly though: Mexican food is just amazing, like seriously good! Like, 'I think I should move to Belize and jump the boarder to Mexico for every meal', good! Now that's good!

Alicia and I have booked ourselves onto a Spanish coarse for next week. I thought I was doing the Intense Coarse, but apparently I'm doing the "Super Intense" coarse! Sweet as! Staying one more night in a hotel before going to live with a Mexican family for a week.



Fehlende jemand (insbesondere) so hübsch wie du hart ist. All I can say is right now I'm in a mood that only Anthony Kiedis, John Frusciante, Flea and Chad Smith can fix...and they never let me down!

I wrote this yesterday, but internet was been kack.....so here we go now!

No comments:

Post a Comment