Thursday, June 4, 2015

That point in your life when you realise that the song that’s been stuck in your head all day is in fact your washing machine’s tune!

OK, so I know I promised that May would be a much more exciting month when than April…and well I was half right there. A few plans got cancelled, but still more went on in my life when compared with April, for starters, immigration went ahead and granted mine and Sandra’s 457 visas…good times, a load off of both our minds! We have moved into our new apartment, we're in a suburb called New Farm now, which isn’t too far from where we were before in Teneriffe. And May’s been a month of birthdays and leaving parties. We actually had 3 35s 3 Saturdays in a row (the last one we just randomly met when we were watching the Saints Vs. Aston Villa game, but still 3 for 3!). I've joined and quit the odd gym here and there, and made some good use of some free Personal Trainer sessions. And there's been one leaving party.

But I'll get started with the beginning of May. May started pretty wet, there was a massive down pour on the first Friday of the month, with a fair few floods around Brisbane. That rain put a bit of a damper on Jeff's birthday evening, but most people still showed up and the party still went ahead. The following day, feeling a little worse for wear, the sun did decide to shine, and it made moving day a hell of a lot easier. We spent the morning packing ALL of our stuff and cleaning the room, before we loaded up Jeff's car, and he took Sandra and our stuff to our new abode.

That wasn't even all of our stuff, 
Jeff - "you'll just need to fill your backpack",
"ermmm, I think we've accumulated more stuff since we moved in in August!"
But we did leave a nice empty room!

Moving house the only way I know how!
Our new complex



Our freshly made bed
With our very own, small balcony


Our room on the right, with Martha's on the left

And our (recently discovered) own (on site) pool!

We have since been on several shops and the place is starting to become a lot more homely! Even though it was fully furnished, we were still missing some stuff.

On with the rest of May. I actually got 3 punctures 3 days in a row on my bike on route to work, so I was late 3 days in a row. So I actually took pictures the third time it happened, "You're the boy who cried "puncher!"" - trust me, even I didn't believe it!



More things of mine falling apart....this time it's my trainers....now that's new!





Terry's 35th
With a Vietnamese lunch....
...And lead into a night in the Valley



Brian's Open Mic Night = Free beer!
There was a random Digital/Games festival going on at Brisbane Power House, but apart from these cool things, there wasn't really too much going on whilst we were there....


...But later on that day I did, somehow, manage to convince Sandra to come watch the Saints game with me...and whata game!


Sandra said that she was "happy the other team scored at least one goal, otherwise it wouldn't have been fair"

And the weekend before last, Shazzy had her leaving do, this is at the Paniyiri Greek Festival, in West End. A long night shortly followed.


ALix, me and Shazzy, this week on the 3rd of our "LAST" Tuesday night climb nights, this time in Crank. Before Shazzy moves down to Sydney, today.


I dunno how happy she'll be about me putting this up here, cos she was doing so well with it until she "Ffffffffff.........k!"
but TOO LATE now!
Rosie performing one of her Uni projects`last Thursday
And to finish May off was another birthday, but this time not a 35th. Saturday, just passed, was Superman's 26th birthday, and for it she did a bowls day/dress as ANY film character you want. Great shout, great day!










I was at the bar!
Happy Birthday Grimace!
I apologise for taking so long getting this post up, we've only just got internet in our house after being here for nearly 5 weeks. In fact, that's how long it's taking me to get this post up, the heading is actually in reference to the tune from the washing machine in our old house! And I also want to mention that I've enjoyed hearing snippets from Mum and Dad's holiday in Spain this month, but I've enjoyed missing the photo clip show presentation of their trip even more! But also, Happy Birthday to the both of you, I'm glad your cards from me arrived in the post on time....aka.....they arrived before you were back from Spain!

And last Tuesday was one year since I left England....AKA, one year since Sandra lost her freedom!

And that was May! Done! Bring on June.....well, I know it's already started, I'm talking about the fun stuff though, the bank holiday weekend trips to Mackay, the Straddie Island/Kirra's birthday trips, the road trips with Rosie now she's finished uni, etc etc etc! But.....
...I have to do this!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment