Monday, May 5, 2014

Only 3 weeks to go!

Yoyoyo....I hope that everyone is well!

On Thursday I handed in my notice at my job, so it's official, I AM LEAVING ENGLAND AGAIN! Real soon in fact, I will be leaving here in 3 weeks today, the next May bank holiday (and here's hoping it's as sunny and warm as this current bank holiday!).

I now only have 3 weeks left at my current job, but that's only 8 working days now! Good times. Off to Barcelona on Wednesday for two nights to meet with my Swiss mate Claudia (whom I meet in Lima, Peru last January), before heading to London next weekend, to see a few other friends up there before coming back to Southampton  as I'm taking the old old man to Super Saints' last game of the season.......and whata season we've had, hopefully end it on a high. COYR!

So carrying on from my last post a couple of months ago. I am aware that my travel video was having issues with the sound on Youtube. So if you wanted to watch it, with sound, please follow this link to my Viber account here.

My plans for this trip then: Well I got my 2nd 1 year working/travel visa approved for Australia back in October last year, so the plan is to eventually head there somewhere between July and October. This time is different however, I am not doing it alone this time, I will be doing it with my German girlfriend, Sandra, whom I met in Paihia, New Zealand well over a year ago now. So it is kinda weird planning stuff with someone this time, but (when we're in the same country) it is easy to plan, danke für das! So I will be flying from London Heathrow on Monday 26th May, to Frankfurt, Germany, and spending the next two nights in Germany, before we both take a 19 hour flight (stopping in Hong Kong) to Denpasar, Bail, Indonesia, a country that neither of us has been to before. We plan on staying in Bali for a couple of nights before getting the ferry over to the Gili Islands. I have had a lot of contact with Peter Honey (a good friend from Paihia) all this year in regards to doing voluntary work on his projects on Gili Trawagan. It really is a great cause, and Peter has been working very hard out there. We haven't decided for how long we will be staying there yet, but due to visa/entry requirements for Indonesia, we have to have flights out of Indonesia booked upon our arrival into Indonesian customs. So we have booked a flight to Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia for the end of June. But we've decided that we're not going to plan anything further until we at least arrive on the Gilis.

This last year back in England has been great fun, and it's always good to come home. My friends and family have been amazing (as expected), Saints have been awesome, and the weather's been............. My job has been OK, it has kept me busy and paid, and I have really enjoyed working with the people in my team, and have enjoyed (not always) the experiences. I have had many trips over to Germany since October for the weekends, and one trip to Zurich, Switzerland over the New Year. The more I'm in Germany the more I love it. My German has been improving, but as a result, my Spanish has been suffering (so that should be fun in Barcelona this week). But I am looking forward to moving on again, and getting active again!

So to summarise, Mr Sheen's travel blog is up and running again, with more posts coming real soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment