Saturday, November 24, 2012

Getting away with murdaa in Serbia!

So we spent 3 days working on 'Knight Rider", fitting the new quieter 4-stroke engine, clearing the base, and Anti-fouling the boat, before getting her back into the water.



And so began the tours: We basically take anything from 3 – 14 people on a short boat ride down the Waitangi river either in the afternoon, evening or at night, before getting them out on the kayaks and heading towards, and under Haruru Falls, before kayaking back to the boat…..simples!:







The first girl that I taught to kayak....

...Got her under the falls too.







Newlyweds
And that was my last decent photo on my blog (in pixel terms) long story short, I've now had to reduce the quality of my photos to get them on here.



Right up on the waterfall on a low tide.





Taylor training new skippers.
As you can see...
...Not everyone makes it!
 



Convincing people to kayak around the rocks in a low-tide! Ride them Falls!!!!










Heading back as the sun sets



Over the last 2-3 weeks:
The Solar Eclipse last Wednesday. Sadly I didn't take this photo (Taylor did), I was working but I snuck out so I just caught the end  of it. We had about 80% coverage over the North Island, apparently Darwin and the whole north of Australia was the best place to be for it! But least I can say I've seen a nearly complete solar eclipse in both hemispheres.

Long Beach (although it's really not that long at all), a random small trip to Russell on Wednesday, the former capital of New Zealand
Up at Mt Bledisloe on my 2nd of 3 bike rides earlier today.

Apart from that, I went job hunting last week, got offered a job, started as a waiter, and then quit within the week. Decided the hassle wasn't worth the minimum wage they were gonna give me. Plus I thought.....'I don't wanna work two jobs, if one of them really sucks!' So we've started doing web-page designs to get some extra cash in, been working on our website this week, so that we can advertise ourselves, I will add a link to that on my next post.


Went floundering Wednesday night after our night tour, and joined a gym on Thursday. Found a sick as riding track as well, there's bars there at the entrances that clearing mean I shouldn't be riding down there, but it's just so much fun...and good for me!

And finally, this week, I've booked all my South America travelling (well most of it) and my flight back to England. It's not for a while yet, but I will be spending Christmas in New Zealand, New Year in Costa Rica (more than likely) and eventually flying from Rio De Janeiro to Lisbon and onto London in early April next year. Actually pretty excited to see home again!



But most importantly, if anyone in Serbia reads my blog, please make it known, I need to get proof for my old housemate back in Brisbane, Danny G has challenged me to get someone from Serbia to read my post!

No comments:

Post a Comment