Sunday, June 17, 2012

It's ALWAYS just gonna be as good as you'll allow it to be!

Well, I don't really wanna write too much cos I'm a bit pushed for time, but I've gotta lot to crame in....A LOT.

I suppose I can quickly start with my bike ride up Mt Coot-Tha then Mt Gravatt the following day.

I had to ride down Mt Coot-Tha with loose handle bars!

And Brisbane from Mt Gravatt


Right then, also that week for a last adventure me and Rosie headed to Nightcap, we couldn't do the walk on Friday cos it was really really raining (how often have I said that since I've been in Oz), but we still had our usual fun......although my image of Nimbin being full of Hippies has definitely been ruined.





See, exciting stuff! Then I had a last Saturday night out in Brisbane, skateboarding again the following Tuesday for my last night in Brisbane...no broken hands this time....then onto Darwin last Wednesday.

Urmmm, I'm tryna think how much detail I wanna go into on this one, or just do a massive photo dump...

Home Sweet Home

Darwin




Day 1 of Cloud 9

Buley Rockhole


Florance Falls

Yes we did swim under that waterfall




When will they learn



Collecting firewood

The sun setting viewed from Cheese Bikky Hill near where we camped on the first night

Still got them....in one piece.....And they're gonna make it to Melbourne!



Day 2


Wetland Cruises on Corroboree Billabong








I'm pretty sure that this was just for my benefit - Twice









No more mossies!

Day 3

Gunlom







Bush fire


Long way down!

A night out in Darwin


Day 4 - New tour, New guide....

...Still a little drunk from Day 3

Pat's Lookout





Sunset over Barrawei Lookout


Day 5 - Mataranka Thermal Pools in Elsey National Park

Pink Panther Pub - Larrimah - Wayside Inn




Daily Waters Pub





It just got better and better - Australia's first International Airport 

I was there!


Well we are down under

Day 6



Somewhere near Devil's Marbles





The tower thingy wasn't exciting enough for me...so I ran up a hill!


Tropic of Capricorn



Night out in Alice Springs!


Sunrise on Day 7 - New Tour, New Guide
Duke


Cos I know my Mum will like this one!



Fooluru - I can't remember it's real name!









Kata Tjuta




Karingana Lookout...and this is why I loved my tour!


The real Uluru 



Sunset

Guess I got my swagger back!


Day 8 - Sunrise on Uluru

Oh Sarah...where's your face!






Here's Uluru.........and Alex.....





Seriously Sarah...where's your face!?




Salt Plans...

...And Red Sand




Aaaaaah yeaaah maaate, proper Oz

No Sarah SERIOUSLY!?!
Day 9 - Kings Canyon - Watarrka







"...and my member's about thiiiis big!"








Cos posing's for photos is for chumps

Maybe








In the Garden of Eden honey









Sweet as view!





What noses do cows make in Austria!?


Last night's dinner


Goodbye Northern Territory...


...Hello South Australia


Not driving through the desert again (no more trees for me).

The bedroom JP and I set up for me when I got here earlier this afternoon
Right that really was a massive photo dump, but that room above is where I currently am (although the "Coffee Table" is now higher + bigger = better!) at JP's in Brompton, Adelaide. I got this done here and at Alice Springs airport earlier today. Don't really wanna do too much writing. But the full itinerary of my tour is here, and big thanks to all of you that made the last 10 days awesome (you know who you are), it was sad leaving you all today (and some earlier in the week). And thanks to JP for this sweet set up (and Rosie again, I didn't realise you asked JP for me). And it was nice waking up today knowing that the sun had already risen....for several reasons!

Also fair play to New South Wales beating Queensland in the State of Origin on Wednesday, I'm not juming ship, it just means I get to watch Queensland kick your asses in Brisbane in just over two weeks whilst I'm actually there! Bootz! And England of coarse, beating Sweden twice in one year, one game away from the quarters boys....KEEP IT UP!

Time or me to enjoy my time in Adelaide!

1 comment:

  1. Mike, what noses do cows make?! I liked the camel but not the leaning over high places. Should I some time in the future spend my hard earned cash and visit Uluru.
    Looks as if it was a fantastic tour.

    ReplyDelete