Monday, April 9, 2012

KangaHUGE!

I'm unemployed.....woooooooooooo, and you know what that means.....HOLIDAY!

A couple of weeks ago on a Friday night (well it may have been Saturday morning at that point), Rosie asked if I wanted a trip down to Canberra and Sydney as she was going down there....how could I say 'no'!

I finished work the Wednesday before last, and we headed down to Canberra (which I'm sure most of you don't know (including myself prior to arriving in Australia) is the capital of Australia.....that's right, a small country town is the capital of this huge huge huge country). we left Brisbane at about 5:30 in the morning, flew all the way down to Canberra, circled around Canberra airport a few times, went to land, got about 20 metres above the runway then starting taking off again, only to be told by our pilot that we were heading to Sydney. So after a crappy brekkie in Sydney airport, a few hour wait for the fog to clear in Canberra and a new flight, we eventually ended up in Canberra!

Sunrise




Canberra (in he background) from the summit of Mount Tayler



The first ever (living) kangaroos I've seen, on route down of Mount Tayler

One of many many kangaroos up Mount Ainslie, there was loads up there, and they were huge, except the joeys up there, they were a little bit smaller

And the sun set over Canberra from Mount Ainslie summit


Parliament building



This is what a night out in Canberra will do to you
Two nights in Canberra and that was pretty much Canberra (Thanks to Amy for hosting us...we weren't always the quietest of people). We left Canberra on Saturday afternoon and coached up to Sydney. I don't really have too many photos but it was cool staying in Surrey Hills, which is right in the centre....well as good as it gets. Seeing a different side to Sydney compared to when I went down there for New Years.

Naughty...

...naughty

St Mary's


Crazy weird art at Museum of Contemporary Art Australia

Our last night in Sydney, eating Asia food and drinking on Elliott's rooftop
Well, that was that. It did suck arriving back in "Bris Vegas" last Tuesday afternoon, but it was defiantly warm and sunny. And I've definitely climitised to Queensland, wearing a hoody at night down in Sydney when all the locals are just in shirts....England's gonna feel cold, really dunno how I survived -40°c in Canada now.

Apart from that, it was Rosie's birthday two weeks ago so we ended up seeing Des Bishop on a whim as the Brisbane Comedy Festival was on (this time it wasn't free comedy, but it was at the Powerhouse again). And a messy night that followed.

And I got my splint removed on Wednesday.....hand exercises for me! Although I did get bit by something between Saturday night and Sunday morning by a white tail spider (maybe), and my middle flipping finger stiffened up last night, so I have to wait a little longer.

This weekend included a random party in a filed in East Brisbane, with my old room mates Audrey and Matt. And watching the red moon rise out of the South Pacific Ocean from Currumbin Beach.

Job huntings really really slowing down, still looking over my options, kinda feeling a trip to STA is in order soon.



No comments:

Post a Comment